21 Nutritional & Workout Tips to Lose Belly Fat
Published by - Fitbodybuzz
Why do you have fat on your tummy?
In order to learn how to lose stomach fat, you should understand how it is made.
Whenever, you take in more calories that your body needs, it stores it, and that is how that stubborn stomach fat comes. Of course, there are a few other factors but this is the main reason.
Other reasons can be:
- Slow metabolism that can be cured by proper exercising and consuming the right types of foods.
- Your genes must be mentioned as well. All of us have various body types, and if you are an endomorph, you come with a wider waist and your body more likely to store fat.
- You consume unhealthy foods. What you eat is also crucial even if you do not take in more calories than your body needs. Processed products with no nutritional value are one of the main reasons of visceral fat. Several studies have proved that.
- Lack of physical activity and exercising. Regular working out boosts your metabolism and helps to burn calories, not to mention the several other health benefits. If you sit too much and do not move enough, you will hardly lose weight in the long term even if you are on a balanced diet plan.
- Stress. Many studies have proved that stress enhances abdominal fat generation.
- Not doing the right amount and types of exercises. If you have abs workouts and cannot see results, you should consider replacing some of the moves you do with more efficient ones and change the number of reps and sets. Also, you should do fat burning aerobic exercises and resistance training to increase your muscle mass.
Below all these factors are broken down with tips to lose belly fat.
Follow these eating tips to burn fat.
- Never skip breakfast. It is the most important meal of the day. After getting up, your body needs nutrients and energy to start the day. But you should have a wholesome breakfast with protein, beneficial carbs, vitamins, minerals and fatty acids, and we must not forget about the intake of enough fluids.
- Have fiber rich meals. It is a proven fact that dietary fiber supports weight loss. Fiber rich foods make you satisfied faster and for a longer time. This way you consume less food which means fewer calorie intake. Best sources are fruits, vegetables, and whole grains.
- Consume foods which are low in calories. Unfortunately, most of the foods we consume, especially the ones you buy, are high in bad carbohydrates and trans fats, not to mention the chemicals they contain. You can prepare low-calorie meals by boiling veggies and lean meat, but there are thousands of recipes out there.
- Drink enough water. Water has a lot of health benefits, and dehydration is one of the main reasons for common diseases. Furthermore, when we are thirsty we usually confuse thirst with hunger. Therefore, we eat something which means extra calories. Alternatively, you can drink green tea or homemade fruit juice.
- Eat more than 3 times a day. Having a healthy snack between the main meals helps to increase metabolism which supports calorie burning.
- Have healthy fats. As you probably know, there are good and bad fatty acids. The good ones are the unsaturated ones that can be found in olive oil or fish oil. Good ones have a lot of health benefits besides weight loss. You should avoid foods which are high in trans fat which is responsible for many illnesses such as heart diseases and visceral fat.
- Eat whole grains. Instead of having refined consume whole grains that are rich in beneficial carbs, fiber as well minerals.
- Drink the right things. If you desire to get rid of belly fat, forget soda and other sweet beverages, even most of the alcohols. They are high in calories because of the sugar and have no nutritional value. They are just pure calories. However, a glass of dry wine is OK.
- Eat more protein-rich foods. Most of us consume too much carb and fat, but not enough protein. This nutrient is harder to be broken down than other nutrients. Consequently, your body needs more energy. The best sources of protein are lean meat, legumes and see food.
- Eat more soups. Soups fill your tummy faster and usually lower in calories.